"The Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard is a globally recognised measure of safe, more sustainable products with positive impact on people and planet. Primark is proud to be part of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Products Program and in 2021 launched a range of Cradle to Cradle Certified® jeans.
To achieve Cradle to Cradle Certified® Gold, the jeans have been assessed for environmental and social performance across five critical sustainability categories:
- Material health; ensuring products are safe for both people and planet. The C2C Certified Gold jeans are made using chemicals and dyes that are more sustainable, and 100% organic cotton.
- Material reuse; eliminating waste by designing for recyclability. These jeans are fully recyclable.
- Renewable energy and carbon management; protecting life on our planet. The C2C Certified Gold jeans are made using a minimum of 50% renewable energy and reduced carbon emissions.
- Water stewardship; ensuring water is preserved and protected. The C2C Certified Gold jeans are made using methods that preserve and use less water.
- Social fairness; enhancing people’s lives. The C2C Certified Gold jeans are created in an environment where there are safe and fair working practices."